Some mornings, I wake up and crave for chocolate.
Since I do not eat bread or Nutella (Nooo, really Ludy ?! We did not know!!!), but I still need my little fix, I cook this amazing « Chocolate Mug cake « , really easy and quick to do (less than 4 minutes).
To keep it healthy, I advise you to put 100% cocoa powder and not those industrial chocolate powders, which are full of sugar.
– 1 tbsp. coconut flour
– 1 tbsp. cacao powder
– ¼ tsp. baking soda
– 1 egg
– 1 tbsp. maple syrup or honey
– ½ tsp. vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder
– 3-4 tbsp. of coconut or almond milk or water
HOW TO DO?
– Lightly coat the inside of your mug with a little of coconut oil (if you want to take out the cake out of the mug).
– Inside the mug, whisk the egg, add in the other ingredients.
– Mix well.
– Pour the mixture into a mug and microwave for 1 min on full power.
At this point, you can choose to plop your cake onto a plate or eat directly from the mug. You can add you favorite toppings. For me, it was shredded coconut
I take the opportunity of the recipe to make a small update about the consumption of chocolate. A lot of people consider it as a kind of « enemy food ». In fact, it has many heath benefits.
Here the list:
– It helps to keep us young and radiant. Indeed, thanks to flavonoids (antioxidants – content of about 10%) in cocoa powder, it helps to fight against some cancers and premature aging of cells.
– It improves the functioning of our arteries and blood flow. The antioxidant called flavonoids limit the appearance of bad cholesterol (LDL), dilate blood vessels and improve coagulation, thus reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
– It helps combat fatigue, stress and anxiety. It contains tryptophan (amino acids) that converts and transmits serotonin in the body. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that plays a key role on mood. It helps to bring a sense of peace and well-being.
– It improves transit. More the cocoa content is high, the higher the amount of fiber is.
However, all these health benefits are not an excuse to eat the entire tablet, eh!! It’s like everything. Chocolate needs to be consumed in moderation due to its high-energy intake (500kcal for 100grs).
1-2 squares of quality chocolate, with a cocoa content of at least 70% are perfect.
On my side, I love to end my lunch with a small coffee and one or two squares of dark chocolate 85%. A simple little pleasure, which is good for my tummy and my mood☺